BMW’s foray back in to motorcycling in the post-WWII years was with a single-cylinder 250cc 4-stroke, the R24, which arrived in 1948. Looking remarkably like the pre-war R23, the model boasted an additional 2bhp. By mid-1950, it was superseded by the R25, which sported a plunger rear suspension arrangement.
The R25 on offer here, is presented as a bobber in style, matt-blacked out, front to back. Built by Los Angeles’ Heroes Motorcycles, the bike is reported to run well. It has been part of a discerning collection of cars and motorcycles in the local Los Angeles area, on static display in a climate-controlled environment since purchase.